Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oscars 2012 Red Carpet: Best Dressed

Hello Los Angeles! RedPoppy has been in town for just a few days to attend an Oscar viewing party for best foreign film nominee In Darkness. The brilliant and powerful film, directed by Agnieszka Holland, tells the story of a group of Jews who survived Nazi occupied Poland hiding in the sewers under the city. My beloved grandparents were among the survivors who were saved by small miracles and, most importantly, through the help of a Polish sewer worker who risked his life for theirs. I've had the most amazing experience meeting the talented producers, actors, and everyone who made my grandparent's story of survival come to life on the big screen. Now back to business...
The winning colors were red, white, and gold, and yet the Red Carpet at last night's 84th Annual Academy Awards ceremony managed to feel more drab than fab. In fact it was littered with many tasteless, uninspired, and highly unfashionable gowns. I mean let's be honest, if I was an A-list celebrity with an unlimited choice of designers and shop racks to choose from I would bloody well WOW that red carpet. I would ooze fashion glamour, and you would drool over my fashionability! For example, I really wanted to love Meryl Streep's gold Lanvin gown, but it looked more like a loose-fitting Shar Pei dog. Bearing that in mind, this year we are going to skip the worst dressed list altogether because quite frankly it's long and boring. Instead, here are my pics for Better Dressed of the evening (and I can't believe I'm including George Clooney paramour Stacy Keibler!)...
Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli

Natalie Portman in Dior Haute Couture

Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford

Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab

Stacy Keibler in Marchesa

-Main photo: Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton
Images courtesy of Huffington Post, The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments: