Thursday, September 8, 2011

See you at TIFF!

Hello All! The best news of the week is that my laptop has finally been fixed (it's about bloody time!) In fact I've only just this minute brought it home looking and functioning as good as new (let's hope it stays that way for a very long time...) In other exciting news, I am both honored and excited to be attending the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) this weekend. One of the featured films, In Darkness, directed by Agnieszka Holland,  tells the unbelievable true story of a group of Polish Jews who survived the Holocaust in the city's sewers. Amongst the surviving group were two brave and heroic individuals who were to become lifelong inspirations to me: my grandparents. I absolutely can't wait to see the film, and I've already set aside two packets of Kleenex. So while being at TIFF this weekend means I will have to miss FNO (you all know how much I've been looking forward to that Missoni pop up store and all the other amazing fashion events...*sigh*), it also means there is a high chance of yours truly casually bumping into fellow festival goers George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Madonna, or perhaps even Ryan Gosling. Not a bad trade after all...and of course I promise to keep you posted on that....

No comments: